The parade will begin at Oak and Wood streets (A)
and continue west on Wood to Brockway (B),
and south on Brockway to Wilson (C).
Parade will step off at 11:00 a.m. SHARP. An outline of the route is included below, the parade starts at point “A”. Parade dispersal will be west on Wood St. There will be police officers directing traffic.
Don't forget to check the St. Patrick's Day Palatine Paint the Town Green schedule
- WATER GUNS, SUPER SOAKERS, ETC. ARE NOT ALLOWED. WE PREFER THAT CANDY NOT BE THROWN, YOU ARE ASKED TO WALK ALONG THE CURB AND HAND THE CANDY TO SPECTATORS. IF YOU ARE FOUND TO HAVE WATER GUNS, SUPER SOAKERS AND THE LIKE, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATING IN THE PARADE.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on or in the parade route.
- Performances/demonstrations are limited to the locations indicated on the map below (’s only) and must be limited to no more than 2 minutes per stop. Comcast will be videotaping the parade for broadcast at the corner of Wood and Plum Grove Road. Please plan performances accordingly. The parade is scheduled to replay on Comcast channel 9 on Monday 3/25 @ 8pm, and again on Wed 3/27 @ 3pm.
- Spacing of entries during the parade is critical to the taping of the parade. Please maintain one car length between you and the entry in front of you at all times.
- There is NO rain date. In the case of inclement weather, the parade may be canceled.
- AFTER THE PARADE: Do NOT plan to pick-up parade participants at the end of the parade route. Please make arrangements to pick-up away from the route PAST the diagramed disbursement areas.
Journeys the Road Home
Bring these items to the Parade
- Cleaning Supplies
- Clothing (new/slightly used)
- Food/Pantry (non-perishable only)
- Office Supplies
- Paper/Plastic Products (toilet paper, paper towels)
- Personal Care Products (travel and regular size)
- Gas Cards, Bike Locks, First Aid Kits and Batteries